Tuesday, August 4, 2015

VISA Story + Pre-exchange reflections

Ahhhh!!! I started this post halfway on my blogger app on my phone and went to bathe. When I came back, the app crashed and everything is gone TTTTTT Oh wells, retyping this on MS Word just to be safe TTTTTT

Stress! My fans are craving for a blog entry but I have nothing to write! Actually it’s just Jocelyn LOL. She’s so eager for me to churn something that she even came up with the topics for me XD Well let’s get started!

---post note: this entry turned out to be quite long and naggy after all HAHA---

The VISA Story
I needed to apply for a VISA to go for exchange at Taiwan. Made plans with N, my exchange buddy, to go the Taiwan Embassy last Friday. We smartly decided to go at 9am sharp so as to beat the queue. I was quite gleeful because I was the first in queue! Cheap thrill LOL

Alas! We were shocked to find out that the VISA needs at least one day to process and they needed to keep our passports with them!! (Actually I’m not supposed to be shocked cause I applied for Taiwan’s visa before for AIESEC =.=). I was going Batam the next Monday and N was going for holiday on Sunday. SO WE NEEDED TO HAVE OUR PASSPORTS WITH US. Yup… We totally made a wasted trip. TTTTT

Good outcome despite a wasted trip
I initially planned for the VISA application to take some time before I meet my mentor at 12noon so I suddenly had 3 hours to kill @.@ N was super nice! She said she will kill the time with me! However, our joy was short-lived as we realized that all the shops were closed as it was too early XD We ended up travelling to plaza Sing to do window shopping. Had so much time that I smelt through all the 20+ perfumes on sale at Robinsons to find the best scent. (On hindsight that might have been the cause of my blocked nose =.=). After that, N and I had a nice time chilling at llaollao. Jocelyn (grauduate of Happiness 101) said to think of this time-wasted circumstance as an opportunity to bond with N and I think it worked out great! #positive thinking

After that I met my mentor who taught me about self-esteem XD HC and Joce wanted to stalk the meeting but failed as they were late as usual hahaha. And that afternoon Jocelyn and I went to change money for our Batam trip and I went to her house to help her dye her hair LOL. The effect wasn’t very obvious but apparently the subtlety was what she was going for, and I effectively got crowned as a good hairstylist. (I don’t even know why I’m blogging all these trivial stuff LOL). On to next story!

Pre-exchange reflections
This exchange is another Romeo and Juliet incident between me and Joce! We were supposed to go exchange and party together but exchange plans took too long so settle and she joined the exco already! Ah well, I’ll make the effort to contact case budz with technology TTTTTTT

N managed to find an apartment among her huge contact base (advantages of going to Business Camp)… And we are going to be staying with 6 other girls (!!!). The introvert in me is facing some stranger anxiety at the moment. I generally take really really long to warm up to new people. Most people’s first impression of me is “quiet girl” hahahaha. One of the reasons I’m comfortable with my case budz is because I can just talk whenever I want to and not try really hard to fish for something in my brain to say. They know I’m quiet and accept me for that #casebudzlove

Other than the social interactions that I need to worry about, there’s also the housework part @.@ My mum really takes care of the household really well and I rarely need to do any housework. Some of my friends call me a qian1jin1xiao2jie3 which means princess =.= So a part of me really wants to work hard to prove myself to them. Also I cannot offend my fellow apartment mates by skiving on the housework also ma. Like I watched ANTM and the girls will suddenly start ganging up and yelling at the one who slacks off and leave the dish stacked up. The horror @.@


Despite having visited Taiwan for quite long last time, I’m pretty excited for this trip! Will miss my family and friends so much @.@ I hope that this experience will be a time for me to grow and improve myself, time to level up!

No comments:

Post a Comment