Saturday, October 3, 2015

Visiting Kaohsiung with my Aunts!

I'm Finally got the chance to visit Kaohsiung's attractions! Me and my roomies have been putting it off because the weather at Kaohsiung is really unbearably hot and we would rather stay at our air conditioned apartment! Since my aunts came to visit me at Kaohsiung, I had the opportunity of bringing them around while the rest of the girls went to Xiaoliuqiu.

First up was a spectacular meal of Chinese food at Hotel Dua where my aunts were staying. The cost of this meal could have fed me for 10 meals LOL. The budget for holidaying with family is indeed different from holidaying with friends, hehe, and I filled my belly to the brim. Gonna work hard at my yoga mod this week to burn it off!

It was awesome to have stayed with them at Hotel Dua at Formosa Boulevard because the room was so luxurious! The king sized bed could fit the 3 of us quite well!!
The next morning, there was a shiok hotel breakfast, where there was so much variety, and the biscuits that I normally have back at my apartment paled to the whitest shade in comparison. I felt like I was living in luxury LOL.

Pier 2 Arts Center (Yanchengpu MRT Station)
First stop for the day was Pier 2 Arts Center. I visited this with Joce 2 years ago so I had many déjà vu moments. However unlike last time, the weather was crazily hot and in no time, we rushed to find shelter and ice cream >< there were many garang people who braved the sun and tried to use their dslr to get their shots. ><

Love river (walkable from pier 2 but we cabbed there to avoid the sun haha


Next stop was love river where we took the ferry one round to see the nearby scenery. I couldn't understand most of what the tour guide was explaining so I just took the opportunity to chill and hide from the sun LOL. Somehow my aunts were being actively engaged and interacted with the guide hahaha.

Central Park (Central Park Mrt station)
We went to Central Park which was a Taiwan version of botanic gardens except that they had so many more swans and ducks! I think there are only 2 swans at Botanical Gardens. Thankfully it was later in the day and it cooled down enough for the walk to be bearable.

Rueifeng Night Market (Ju Dan Mrt Station)

Rueifeng actually had many food stalls but as my aunts were afraid of food poisoning from eating street food, I only had the lemon drink that I was holding in the picture hahaha. I think I'll be coming again with the roomies to try the rest of the stuff!

Cijin Island (ferry from Gushan pier, 15NT since I tapped my student EZ link!)
Cijin was beautiful and the skies were finally blue!! (But still so hot as usual) we walked around and tried some food from the stalls, and stopped by the beach to snap some pictures. I know my roomies would totally jump into the water but me and my aunts stayed 20 meters away in a pavilion LOL. #familyholiday

After that, we took a cab to drive around NSYSU and visit my apartment and I sent my aunts to the airport to return to SG! 

So happy that they came to visit/pamper me and allowed me to live in luxury for 2 days! Quite the experience taking the mrt everywhere with my aunts and exploring by ourselves. Blogging this while on the way back alone feels quite miserable, makes me feel sad that all my family and friends are at SG so far away!

3 more months to go!

1 comment:

  1. AWW! seriously brings back good memories. I remember how we totally camwhore at the love pier :# and last time we saw a gold man instead of a silver one XP

    ReplyDelete