Saturday, September 19, 2015

Home sick

Only 2 weeks have passed since I left for exchange and I'm already feeling a sense of home sickness. School is still relaxed (only week 1) so I keep feeling like I'm on holiday and will be going back home to study soon haha... Well, on to more updates!

Having to do groceries for the first time
Check out my popping veins from lifting the groceries

In the past when I went to shop with my mum, I never felt the pinch when choosing between items with a small difference in price. Now it's like, oh this box of eggs is $2.20Sgd, but that one is $2.60, lets go for the $2.20 one! Oh wait does it mean the quality of eggs is worse ah... Ahh dunno which one to choose! 

Grocery shopping inevitably brings out the auntyness in all of us especially since we're on our own budget and have to spend within our means!

Also, we have eaten out/Maggie mee for the past 2 weeks so we really need some homecooked food! The problem is that no one knows how to cook LOL. GG. 

New ways of speech
Taiwanese speech is quite interesting because they will add 大 or 小 for varying degrees of something. So we try to copy them. For example, even though our apartment is 大 near from school, but because the weather is 小 hot, when we reach school we will be 大 tired. LOL. 

The apartment's crazy insulation
Our apartment happens to be situated in a location which is near the mountains and hence there's no signal whenever we are indoors. We only get internet when we open the windows and put the phone outside, which is quite dangerous because there is dengue problem at Kaohsiung also. That totally defeated the purpose of all of us signing up for unlimited data usage for these 4 months!

We are installing a modem next week but it'd be downstairs at the dining area so I don't think the signal can reach the room. Yikes, having to live with limited internet is hard!

Skyping with best friends
Aww look at them being cute haha

So happy that I was also to skypuru my best friends last week! Due to the data signal issues as mentioned above, I had to sit beside the balcony for the skype to work out XD

Our hardcore singing sessions seemed to be effective because my housemates seemed to think I can sing quite well during Kbox LOL. Missing the times where we stood at the rooftop and screamed to train our head voice LOL. Oh hindsight that must had been quite a nuisance XD

The difference is quite apparent between normal kboxing and kboxing with case budz because normally people don't really do harmonizing haha. NUUUU I need my dose of harmony  TT #casebudzlove. I attempted harmony at Kbox with the girls but ended distracting the people singing main melody haha =.=" 

------
Haha would it be weird if I wish for school to get slightly busier so I'll stop being so bored and missing my favorite people at home? 

No comments:

Post a Comment