Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Enactus Camp 2015

Whew finally down to blog about the Enactus Camp that went on last weekend!

I initially had an identity crisis because I wasn't going to be in Enactus this sem due to exchange. The final arrangement for my identity turned out to be: fake freshie and part-time senior attached (since I went for the training and am somewhat pro in the social entrepreneurship game that the freshies were to play). 

Even though I initially thought that the camp was going to be somewhat stressful due to my stranger anxiety (especially the need to be a big sister to the freshies), it turned out to be really fun and great! The freshies are so friendly and open and even invited the GLs and me to Macs with them awwww. I can already hear Jocelyn saying, "See, aren't you glad I got you to come?" Hahaha. :)


In the morning we did the social entrepreneurship game as mentioned above. Since we knew that the aim of the game was to teach the freshies that understanding the customer is the most important, we had to "lead" them to buy more customer cards with the limited money they had. Jocelyn repeatedly got accused of "hinting too obviously" to the freshies. Because when they asked if they should buy the customer cards she will say "that's a great idea" and when they wanted to buy the other cards she would frown and say otherwise haha. We also guided them (pretty thoroughly) through the Business Model Canvass. Oops, too over-zealous about winning LOL. Alas................................... we won!!! Hahaha. -hides face-



Next, we adjourned to Sentosa to spend the rest of the day with games! There was a distressing moment here as we walked from Vivo to Sentosa using the Boardwalk. It was blazing hot and so humid that we almost got a heatstroke. Thankfully Jocelyn bought iced coffee to save us <3
After taking this photo: "OUCHHHH my eyes"

I really happy that I managed to click with the members of the Enactus exco. Maybe it was because I had Joce and KC around, so the atmosphere felt homely and comfortable. 

There was this game where we had to rescue our GL by unlocking a lock. But after trying around 6 games and changing key every time we passed a game, we still couldn't unlock the lock due to bad luck. So we decided to abandon Anu LOL. Just kidding, it was getting too dark so games ended XD.



At 11pm, where the night begins, the exco decided that it was time for kbox. 9 kbox-enthusiasts squeezed into KC's car and went on our kbox adventure! At first everyone was awkward and didn't dare to sing since there were newcomers. We especially didn't dare to go for the high parts due to embarrassment. KC ended up having to cover for everyone and exhausted his voice by the end of kbox LOL.

Eventually though, me and Jocelyn decided to break out of our shyness and sing crazily high pitched songs, disturbing some of the people who passed out from tiredness OOPS. I actually felt really bad afterwards and hoped that they didn't get angry :O

I was supposed to leave on that day itself because there was church the next day. Ended up staying over for the night since it would be ex and dangerous to cab home. (That's also how I realised my skin won't turn bad from one day of not cleansing LOL)

The next day I crept up earlier to make it on church on time. Surprisingly, my blaring alarm didn't wake anyone. I went out to the common toilets to freshen up and saw the most disgusting thing ever. A HUGE lizard in the sink TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Why oh why did that happen to me TTTTTTTTTTTT. Anyways I leapt for my life and left the resort. It was weird walking out alone in the road that was almost completely empty because we came in such a huge group. But I decided that I was so glad that I chose to come for my third Enactus Camp and connect with the fantastic Enactus friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment