Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Lasik at Dr Natasha Lim Eye Center!

So I decided to do lasik in the end! Dr Natasha told me that my possibility of getting Ectasia is really low, and I would be equally satisfied with it's outcome as compared to ICLs! It's day 5 post surgery and my eyes are stable enough for a report! 

Day of lasik
-I thought I wasn't afraid but I had nightmares of my doctor clicking at the lasik machine in a vigorous gamer style, waking me up numerous times =.=
-Reported at the clinic at 11am and signed the papers! :000
-Got dressed in scrubs 
Lolol...

The operation was quite a cool experience! I stumbled into the operating theatre (no specs), laid down and saw the bright fluorescent lights above me.

Dr Natasha was very kind and reassuring and told me everything that was going to happen in advance.

My bed (?) was swiveled under the first machine for the cornea-flap-cutting part. Shockingly for me, the "slight pressure" that people use to describe this experience actually meant "high pressure". I literally had to clench my teeth cause it was uncomfortable!! 

Thankfully, that ordeal ended quickly and I was swiveled to another machine for the cornea-lasering part! My flap was opened and I was told to stare at an orange dot, but, I think, because of my super high myopia (which makes things look "spread out"),  the orange "dot" literally looked as big as an orange! Lol. 

The operation ended in around 15 min and Dr Natasha looked into my eyes with a microscope and said that the flaps are well in place! :)

I spent the day sleeping and dripping eye drops every 2 hours! Eyes felt sore! And they really stung and teared when I woke up to watch my 9pm channel 8 show! :(

Day 2 to 5
Eyes felt really good in this period of time! I just couldn't strain them. Yup that's all! Suffering only lasted a day!

Conclusion
So far so good! I'm happy with my eyes so far! Praying that my review on Friday will show that I had a perfect correction! 

/edit:
1 week Post-op review shows that I have perfect eyesight now! But my eyes will get blurry when they are dry (and will be dry for the next 4 months), and I'll be dripping eyedrops all through school :0 Thank God for the good outcome!

Schools re opening in 3 days. Time to pull up my socks!

13 comments:

  1. Cool! hows perfect vision working for you so far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been testing it out with the car plate numbers outside my house but doesn't seem to be perfect leh haha. Still abit blur!!! :0000 oh wells, good enough to function, just that my eyes get dry after abit of reading/computer use.

      Delete
  2. Hi Angela, may I know how high was your myopia previous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It was 900 (left) and 1000 (right), really high!!

      Delete
    2. OMG same as me! Really worried that lasik might not works well for me, because of my Super high myopia 😖 May I know so far how did it works for you after 2years later? So sorry for asking so much questions.

      Delete
    3. No worries :) My right eye is still good but myopia came back in left eye unfortunately. Most likely because I use the computer a lot at work! But it’s not that high so I don’t need to wear specs!

      Delete
    4. great! thanks a lot for clarifying! Feels so much reassured to proceed:)

      Delete
  3. Thank you for such a well written article. It’s full of insightful information and entertaining descriptions. Your point of view is the best among many.https://yaldoeyecenter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi angela, how much was the cost of your lasik surgery?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a article under the same title some time ago, but this articles quality is much, much better. How you do this.. Yaldo Eye Center

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute,Good post. I was very interested in the article, it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job, I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regards, toldeo

    ReplyDelete