Saturday, August 17, 2013

Uni: week 1

The first week of uni lectures has ended and I have to say school has been pretty overwhelming so far. Lecturers teach at lightning speed (one of them has an incomprehensible accent) and the topics are so foreign! Stats! Marketing! Organizational behavior! :00 

At least I have background knowledge in econs, which makes following lectures alot easier. But still, in the first lecture we studied from PPC curve all the way to elasticity!! That took a few months to cover in JC. 

Gone are the days where lecturers go at snail speed to accommodate students :( never appreciated by JC tutors more. I guess I need to learn how to be more independent in my studies. Haha but how do I stop procrastinating? I keep getting distracted. I even procrastinated to read the anti-procrastination article that my dad told me to read... The irony XD

Also NTU is so huge! I don't like to meet people on the way because I'm panting and sweating from climbing stairs and walking location to location lol. Wish we had genting weather here in sunny sg. 

Hopefully I'm not alone in feeling stressed and lost. I want to adapt to school soon! That day Peter was telling me that his first impression of me was that I'm zen, and for Jingqi it was that she thinks too much :00 complete opposite! I get stressed easily and Jingqi is super chill. I recounted to him a story: in J1 project work, my Preliminary Ideas (PI) got rejected by my tutor 5 days before the deadline and I was so stressed that I cried and prayed haha. Surely enough, i met 2 people who helped me finish my PI on time! Thank God! And for jingqi, I think she got rejected even later than me but she had no reaction?! Like I was beside her when the tutor told her the news and I felt my heart drop for her lols. And of course Peter bingo-ed Jocelyn's first impression--- blur and confused. Hahaha!!

Resolution of the year: Trust in God and be zen~~

1 comment:

  1. I feel you too. Adapting is tough. When life gives you lemons you make lemonade right! Haha. Surely the independence in uni will train us for both tougher challenges in my independent working life:3

    ReplyDelete