Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Random post on my Korean name

So my sonsaengnim wanted us to write our names in Korean on our homework, and she told those of us who have Christian names that we can use the Chinese-Korean instead.

Back in jc, me and zx and jq googled and found out our Chinese names in Korean! Mine was 원가령 (Won ka ryeong). So I happily wrote it on my exercise paper and handed in my homework.

But I realized karyeong is very difficult to pronounce for non-native speakers! For the r/l sound you kinda need to flick your tongue a little. So it's kinda weird that I can't pronounce my name right haha.

And yesterday I found out I couldn't associate with my name ! Sonsaengnim wanted me to answer a question but I was obliviously stoning. Only realized after 3 seconds lol. 

Now I wanna change my Korean name to something in Korean that sounds like Angela but sonsaengnim recognize me as karyeong ssi already. Oh wells.

3 comments:

  1. hahaa I think garyeong is easier to pronounce than mine though. How would angela sound like in korean? 앤지라? 안재라? ._.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's 안젤라! So actually I need to do the tongue flick for the r/l sound also lols. Jaheun is so nice and good to pronounce!

      Delete