Sunday, March 30, 2014

JDC 2014!

JDC was such a blast! Totally blown away.

Hoho selfie first!

Initially I was quite tired-out because of our intense training sessions that left me physically and mentally drained (the feeling of so much undone homework sucks!!)

And repeatedly landing knee-first on the ground that left this huge blue-black ouchhh. -Unglamorous picture- XD

But yesterday was so much fun!! We were told to be really smiley because of our concept "Fun and laughter" but I didn't even have to try. The vibe from fellow lockers was so powerful and the audience was amazing! I was just smiling and screaming and at the top of my lungs without me knowing!

Took so many selfies in the waiting room because we had 5+ hours to spare :O this is not all haha, rest shall be spammed on Facebook :)

Hehe check out the rose Jocelyn and xq gave me. Nice having my best friends and parents watching my first dance performance :)

Funny convo with Jocelyn after performance.
Jocelyn: Your skin looks good!
Angela: Nah, I put 3kg of makeup so that doesn't count.
Jocelyn: you should wear 3kg of makeup to school everyday!

-lol-

And before the performance in the waiting room everyone was getting really bored so the pro dancers started to cypher!! Cypher means everybody stands in a circle and take turns to go in and dance for awhile. I was like "oh man, shall not go out and embarrass myself among the pros." But Timothy pushed me out!!!! Ahhhh!!!!! Noooo!!!!

That was where creative writing phrases I taught my tutee felt quite applicable to me at that moment.

-A tingling sensation ran down my spine, and I was immobilized with terror.
-My heart pounded at an amazing speed.
-Beads of perspiration formed under my forehead and glistened under the fluorescent light.

TT.

Haha you get the idea. But bobian, with Tim's amazing force, I was flung into the center of the circle and was forced to dance a few scoobots and do a few points before retreating. Actually after it ended I was kinda glad I got pushed out! It's so terrifying yet weirdly fun at the same time. Hahahaha! 

And after that Marti came up with the idea of doing scoobots in a "soul train" down the whole aisle! So almost the whole of soul funky lined up and did consecutive scoobots and scooby doos till we were breathless.

Dancers really have really really high energy level! People I meet in business school are so calm and adult-ish but these people here are crazy, in a good way. :)

Immediately after performance we met back at the waiting room and watched our performance that somebody recorded for us. And we cheered on and on for ourselves lol. Everyone was just over the moon!

To conclude I really enjoyed my first performance with JDC locking segment! Felt slightly regretful that I couldn't do the awesome waacking/popping/fusion segments but this experience in locking itself already overflows, really happy!

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA. You should let ur tutee see ur blog post! I see you are using all the wonderful compo phrases. Good role model eh:3

    Hope you enjoyed ur first dance performances wootsss. Yes I couldnt tell you were wearing 3kg of foundation so you should totally do that everyday! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's matti lol :D

    ReplyDelete