Wednesday, July 31, 2013

End of working stint at de Pacific :(

Today was the third last day at work at de Pacific. It's really such a sad feeling to be leaving people that I've come to be so comfortable with, can't stop tears from welling up each time I think of how they have been so kind to me for the past 5 months. My boss treated us to Pizza Hut on Monday because it was my last week at work!  

I will always remember how I panic when the dentist asked for instruments with chim names, and would run to ask my colleagues while the dentist and patient waited XD I will remember how the dental clinic would transform into a gauze production factory (while watching korean dramas) when the patients were late for appointments. I will remember how I got corrupted because my colleagues were always sharing sick jokes. I will remember how i threw away a patient's x-ray because i thought it was trash. And the time where the patient gave $1000 dollar bill for $500 treatment and was like "wah, dont even have change ah?" and Maria said " we cut the note into half and return u one part?" LOL. I will remember how me and my colleagues had to dig through trash because a scaler tip was thrown away accidentally. The list goes on and on...

Here is what I wrote for them:

Dear colleagues at de Pacific,

It has truly been such an honor and privilege to have worked here for the past 5 months. Even when I first came with no experience as a dental nurse, I was able to catch on because I had such great teachers. I really enjoyed myself in the de Pacific family and always looked forward to work each day. Thanks for making me feel warm and welcomed in my workplace. I don't express myself well, but I'm always filled with gratitude towards all of you. 

As I go on to pursue my studies, my thoughts are with you. I hope that everyone at de Pacific finds success and fulfillment in all that you do! 

Yours sincerely,
Angela 

1 comment: