Thursday, January 9, 2014

Aiesec winter explore day 37

T to the G to the I to the F!!!
Finally, it's Friday!

I thought today will be the usual lineup of video watching, but Beverly laoshi brought me to 501 for Q & A session! So the kids were to bombard me with questions regarding Singapore.

For good food In sg, once again I raved about chilli crab, laksa, satay etc and to my surprise, the kids could remember everything! In Singapore whenever we have "extra knowledge" classes, the tendency would be to just switch off our brains lol. Quite shocked that the kids could remember what I taught 2 weeks ago with Josephina. Haha maybe food is a topic of interest all around the world. 

The most epic question they asked was who is my favourite artists. I just told them SHINee truthfully hehehe. And the hardest question would probably that about punishments for various crimes in Singapore. Haha not that sure myself!

After the class ended, the kids were told to give me a hug and all the girls came! Only 2 boys dared to hug me and they ran out of the class screaming LOL. So cute 😍

101 was waiting outside the classroom for me and they danced to Singapore town and gave me cards! (Cannot understand because they used zhu4 yin1)

Then the teacher told them to thank me and they shouted "THANK YOU ANGELA TEACHER AND JOSEPHINA TEACHER". Then they looked around and realized Josephina wasn't here already. Hahaha.
---

After that I left school to buy the "chia te" pineapple tarts that are raved about. Met with Jocelyn at the mrt and I was late again. For the record, I have been late almost all our meetings in Taiwan and I am terribly sorry about it OTL Always miss the bus!!

When we reached chia te, we saw a long queue! (Friday afternoon) 
Of course must join the queue! ^_^

I burnt a huge hole in my pocket. Bought 5 boxes of 12 and that added up to 1620nt. Had to use card cause only have 1000nt cash left. ~chews off all my fingernails~

Jocelyn only randomly chose one each for her family and for 3 of our friends. Haha we not cheapskate hor! Still think of our friends in poverty. 

Backstory: Jocelyn normally doesn't like pineapple tarts. She normally eats the biscuit and throws away the pineapple part.

After we walked out Jocelyn opened one to eat. In a ratatouille-esque manner, her eyes widened and jaw dropped. "This is good" she said. 

Guess what, we rejoined the queue for her to buy 2 more boxes home. Lolol truly we live up to the Singaporean spirit of queuing for good food.

After that we had nothing to do, so we set off to perm our hair. ._. We are like some comedy duo right. Actually Jocelyn wanted to curl her hair to a perfect bob so she doesn't need to use water to twist her bed hair properly.

Arrived at ximending to see hoardes of people
We went to eat ah Zhong mee sua first. I can't believe I thought it was mediocre last time. For Singaporeans, you have to add lots of chilli and garlic. Makes a super shiokalicious bowl of meesua!

After walking along ximending for the longest time, the goal finally became to find a place to sit down LOL. We then started to look for a facial place to slack.... Things tired kids do...

At last, couldn't find it. But something caught our eye! A street artist was drawing caricatures and all his works were very good! (Also we were delirious from standing so we wanted an activity that allowed us to sit)

Next came the moment of unbearable smiling. We had to smile widely so that the cartoon looks comical. Mouth was so sore!

This Jocelyn is hilarious.
AUTO THUMBS UP WHEN SMILING.
I was like "what's that thumb doing?!"
*
*
*
*
After a long wait, here is the end product
Oh my, looks like us!! Really like it! We saw the price colored drawing-400 so we thought it was cheap. Turns out to be 400 per person. OTL money fly. Haha we were saying the artist gave us the hair we wanted to achieve in the salon!! Hohoho

---
Now Jocelyn is crashing huijang's place with me! In view of our low cash flow, tonight and tomorrow will be spent watching running man. This guiltless pleasure of running man only comes during the holidays! 


No comments:

Post a Comment