Thursday, January 2, 2014

Aiesec winter explore day 30

TGIF! Finally, Josephina and I are done with everything that we were tasked to teach! Can't believe that we've made it through 13x4=52 lessons over these 4 weeks!!

Class 601 on their last lesson with us. Many of them added me and Josephina on fb already. Sob, need to post more responsibly from now.

Me and Josephina also ratted on class 302 at the staff room when the teachers asked which class is the noisiest. Somehow ratting on them made us feel very good lol. I mean if the kids can't learn to take learning responsibly the easy way through us, they'd have to learn the hard way.

---
After school, Jospehina's host mum brought us to have Korean food for lunch. Last meal with Josephina already :(
Awesome beef stew.

Josephina's


She is leaving for Singapore which means I'll be alone the whole of next week :(
I got pretty attached to her and had to blink back my tears when we said bye. TT I love phina jiejie. She's real responsible and reliable.

---

But no time to waste, I had to chiong to Taipei to take my bus to Kaohsiung with Jocelyn for our weekend getaway.

Took u bus from Taipei bus station which costs 480nt!

Research on things to do at Kaohsiung (came quite unprepared) then slept through the 5 hour bus ride. We alighted at Kaohsiung station and a kind lady brought us to liouhe night market, which is very near to the the station and also near to our hostel! Can go anywhere if you have google maps haha. I'm an ambassador of google maps like Jocelyn :)

Our hostel is Old Taiwan (Liouhe) Hostel that I booked in a hurry just yesterday night (LOL) through hostelworld. 450NT per night! What a steal!

I wasn't expecting much because there weren't many online reviews but wow, was impressed again. The landlady was very hospitable and the hostel was very well equipped! Recommended!

We settled down and went out to explore liouhe night market proper.

This place is famous for their seafood so there are many seafood stalls.

Jocelyn got a swollen right eye!! Not sure of the cause!

She says she look like the hunchback cartoon LOL

Mostly seafood are totally fresh out of the tank but it's kinda cruel to see a living creature being impaled and placed above the charcoal stove while it's still wriggling. :(

Can't tell from the picture but the prawns on the stove were still putting up a useless fight :(

After that we passed by a fish stall and it had a huge fish that was chopped into half so we could see it's cross section and I saw a heart. Never occurred to me that fishes had hearts so Jocelyn thought I was dumb lol. And tortoises have hearts too lol. And ants. Revelation haha. =.= never mind 知错能改

After that it was 10.30 already so we went back to nice old hostel to watch running man. Awesome getaway! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment