Monday, January 13, 2014

Aiesec winter explore day 40. LAST DAY

Hehe, blogging from plane again :)

Woke up at 5.50am today because not only did I have to DO my skincare, I had to PACK my skincare. Ah, the tedious quest for good skin. When will it pay off~~~

Anyways, I was super tired because I had to pack my huge luggage yesterday, occasionally body slamming it to ensure maximum compactness. And I did cards for my 3 host families too. Hands were totally NOT used to writing in Chinese and I had to type the words out on my phone before penning them down. -mental drain-

Went to school and tried to download movies that we can watch on the plane (Finally successful, but guess what? On the plane my laptop battery died halfway through when Akiyama was going to reveal his fabulous liar game strategy!!! Sorry Akiyama-kun... The tragedy). 

Suddenly, I was called to go class 102 cause the kids finished their exams and had nothing to do. So we danced to Singapore Town. With me in front alone TT Phina jiejie where are you TT But I'm glad the kids loved this activity. Like quite a few teachers/parents told me that their children look for the song on YouTube and dance to it! Become even more patriotic than Singaporeans already haha.

After that lesson, kids would come in periodically to give me cards and gifts :) so cute. The teachers would organize "draw-a-card-for-teacher-angela" activities since they had nothing to do after exams so I had many cards to bring home lol.

Went online to stars planner to see that all the indexes I wanted are all taken. Oh well, still hope school will be awesome next sem!

---

When I was about to leave zhuren shouted to the whole staff room "Angela 要回新加坡了!” everyone started to wave to me. Awkwardly, I spiraled around 180 degrees waving back to everyone. Lol.

Went to airport early but our flight with scoot was delayed 45min due to turbulence. TT quite worried because I have 2 lectures tomorrow. Need sleeppppp.

We went to weigh our luggages and I realized that I exceeded the weight. So one of my hand carried bags of food had to go in- should it be pineapple tarts or beef Maggie? Since pineapple tarts were more ex, I decided to check in the Maggie. The counter lady said I could stick "fragile" on the bag and I was elated! Yay, there's a chance that my Maggie will not be manhandled. However, almost immediately, the luggage-loading man took my Maggie bag and landed it hard onto the conveyor belt!! I looked at Jocelyn but she was engrossed in the old man who had to drink up his whole bottle of medicine because there was an onboard restriction, yikes. :( and dear Maggie, I'm coming for you soon ok? Please survive the throws.



I guess this summarizes the day! Really excited to be going home. Almost seems like yesterday that we uncertainly stepped into the plane to Taiwan. So blessed and happy that everything worked out fine and we gained much valuable experience (cheesy but it's true). Who knew that we could have a whale of a time in a hostel that we chose and booked, following the itinerary that we planned and successfully make it to all our destinations (with much help from google maps lol). I'm sure my parents would be proud of me ^_^

---

I've received so much kindness from the people here, more than I could ever imagine. Especially with my host families, they could have just given me the minimum food and accommodation that was in the contract, but they really went the extra mile to show me around, give me recommendations and treat me to the local food that I "must try" at Taiwan. About a month ago we were strangers, but they were so kind to me and helped me with every need. I'm thankful to Aiesec for allowing me to experience this. It's really eye-opening and I am truly humbled.

But of course I miss my home. The colorful painted buildings (somehow building are quite dull here), wearing tee and shorts, connectivity and transportation, my bed (your own bed is always the most comfy right?), knowing all parts of the country, eating with spoon and not just chopsticks, eating spicy food, most importantly, my family and friends. There is nowhere like home. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment