Monday, December 23, 2013

Aiesec winter explore day 20

Today is Christmas Eve but Taiwan has school as usual so off to nanshi we go!


The kids prepared performances so we just needed to sit back and relax~~



My church pastor came over to distribute gifts!! Recognized me muahaha



Principal was dressed up as Santa Claus. He told the kids not to pull his pants cause it was very loose. LOL skinny Santa 



Next... all of a sudden the principal calls upon me and Josephina to go on stage!!!! Wasn't expecting that! 

As we walked up all the kids rushed towards us, roaring "Angela!! Josephina!!" while we awkwardly smiled and tried to squeeze past them. Feeling of stardom lols.

At my last shanghai ocip in J1, all the kids asked for the autographs of my whole team. 0.0 but... turns out that they were having an internal competition and it was not because they liked us that much haha. Nevertheless, felt like VIPs! Hoho.

Principal thanked us and gave us ceramic staplers! 



Finally, I took a pic with phina jiejie!
Photo courtesy of pastor LOL. So nice right, he offered after seeing us trying hard to take a selfie. 


Customary "bend down la!" shot.
I should start hash tagging #tallpeopleproblems

----
After that during the lunch, Josephina and I had our debut DJ experience!!! Suhao laoshi had previously invited us to be interviewed by 2 students from the broadcast committee and we agreed! He did a preliminary interview and recorded our answers and created a script for us!

Prior to the interview suhao started counting down "2 min kept before you're on air.... 1 min... 30secs... Now!" 

The 2 kids from the broadcasting team are so pro! Like real DJs and they are only primary 3-4. As for me... So nervewracking!! I just did my best to read slowly so my Chinese does not go haywire. Went pretty well and didn't stumble much :) after it was over I felt relieved like I just did a big presentation (Although Josephina the smu kid didn't feel anything =.=)

And after that zhuren told me that my voice is suited for broadcasts. 0.0 Haha I always hated hearing my recorded voice though.

---
For lunch we had my favourite Maggie mee! Yiduzan hongshao beef noodles. Really love it, gonna buy lots back to sg :)


---
Rest of the day was spent teaching little kids. 4-lessons-days are mad. Feel my throat burning. 

There's a funny recurring pattern. Bell rings> rush to class> feel cold on the way> zip up outer coat> teach noisy kids> they don't listen> feel frustrated and warm> take out coat> end class> cold again> rewear coat.

The kids know us better and are more comfortable now so they make more noise in class. But hopefully I get better at managing the kids. 

Took a pic of the kids with henna done!


---
After school went to watch frozen with Jocelyn. Costs 290NT ($12.60). sobs, so much more ex than sg. 

But I really liked the show! Plot was kinda cheesy, but the voice actors were amazing and singing was awesome! Jocelyn and me gasped at all the harmonies  =.=

Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment