Thursday, December 19, 2013

Aiesec winter explore day 15

Today Josephina almost have me a heart attack because she overslept!! Our first lesson was at 9.30 (although I was already there since 7.30 because I took school bus) but Josephina was exceptionally late today. I just assumed that she was taking her time since lesson wasn't so early and she lives at a stone's throw away distance. When Josephina still wasn't here by 9 I began to panic LOL. I called her and viola! She offed her alarm when it rang ._.

Extraordinarily, she chionged to school within 15min and we still had time to slack a bit. :00 how did she do it will remain a mystery. I need 45 min to leave house haha.

After a long day at school, Josephina invited me to her host place because she was going to cook chicken rice for them!! Of course I obliged ^_^ 

Turns our that Josephina is just as noob as me (maybe slightly better) at cooking. She was giving the host mum instructions while I took care of her child lols. Camwhored with the little kid ~~~


We spent 2 very confusing hours trying to cook. Whenever Josephina asked me stuff like how much salt to add to the soup or if the water needs to be boiled before the chicken goes in, I did my best to guess the answer and lessen the confusion... Hosts were quite shocked at Singaporeans' cooking ability.

Meanwhile, josephina's host dad smiles as he attempted to chop a chicken for the first time. 
Making finishing touches to the soup.
Cucumber and parsley cut, courtesy of host mum. 



At last! The final product came out! Not bad right! The Singapore-made sauces made everything work. 



The only manual work I did was to roll the rice into small balls like those traditional hainanese chicken rice we can find in Malaysia. Quite uneven but doesn't matter! XP Finally, the taste of home! 






No comments:

Post a Comment