Saturday, December 28, 2013

Aiesec winter explore day 25

Yay, went to church today and was very blessed by the message again!

Singing the songs in mandarin in tunes I've never heard before actually helps me to focus on the meaning of the lyrics because it's all new. At Singapore when we sing the familiar songs in English it can be easy to just go through the motions when singing.


Today's message was about the parable in Matthew 20:1-16 where the vineyard owner was looking for workers promising to give them a standard wage for the day. The workers who worked from morning were very unhappy with those who started working late since they received the same wages.

This is an analogy for those who came to believe in Christ early and late. Having to "suffer" persecution and "difficulty" in living their lives for God, we are resentful for those who come to believe in Christ late but receive the same blessings as well.

The pastor brought the focus back to the thankfulness of being able to believe in Christ early. We receive more grace from God this way. :) it's just human nature to compare and look at how others are better off.

He made us say to the people around us "你的薪水比我高,真的没关系!” Lol so cute. When God seemed to have blessed others more, be it in terms of wealth, intellect, looks, thank God for the blessings on them and count your own blessings. God is fair and great!



---

After church I was supposed to go on Jocelyn's school trip to dadaocheng but due to the Romeo and Juliet-ness of our situation, I couldn't make it in time to join them.

But I travelled all the way to Taipei so I decided to go hike Xiangshan (elephant mountain myself!)

Worked with trusty google maps and found my way easily from Xiangshan mrt station. 

When I reached, all I saw were stairs.

More stairs
Looking pale already haha.

By the second flight of stairs, I was already asking myself "what am I doing here?" Lol. I think I made up for my 3 weeks of no exercise.

Felt like giving up but all the uncles and aunties were climbing well so I just gritted my teeth and climbed on.

Doggie climbs well too lol


Stopped to take pics and rest at every opportunity haha

Finally I reached the summit!! So tired but worth it.
Got a good view of the skyline and Taipei 101 building.





Jocelyn was there with me in spirit though. Spot the iconic necklace haha.
---
After that I went to Shilin by myself!
(Big mistake right, 好不容易exercised but going to gain back all the weight)

Had ah Zhong meesua, 鸡蛋糕 and awesome bananachoc prata!! Recommended by Josephina haha.
Quite nice, tastes like the one we have in sg

From this shop

Flips it well!

Going back early to slack. Weekend sure flew by fast!







1 comment:

  1. waaa roti prata!!~ nice job hiking a mountain! I need some exercise too :/ YAY U REMEMBER MR OWL NECKLACE~~

    ReplyDelete