Sunday, December 22, 2013

Aiesec winter explore day 18

One of the best things of my current homestay is the church 林口教会,just a 5 min walk from my place. Really homely place and everyone is so nice. Pastor and pastor's wife already can remember my name. :)



Today we had a guest speaker to share his testimony! His name is lin chenghe, I think. (Why is my memory failing me). He used to be in the triads which subsequently caused his injury and handicap. But through his years of staying at the church that took him in, he learned how to play the guitar and became a song composer.



His story was so great, I couldn't help but cry for the 1 hour duration of the sharing. So embarrassing cause I was in the third row. ._. Actually a lot of people crying also haha. Quite sad cause I woke up to apply skincare (double dose moisturizer woo!) and now it's rolling off my face.

What struck me most in his sharing is that even though his self esteem was destroyed and he often felt that he was useless after his injury, in believing, the glory of God became his pride and changed his self-worth drastically. Sobs. 

This is his beautiful wife who got married to him (10 years after his injury). So touching to see her supporting him and singing with him. Sobs.


---

After that huijang brought me out along with her son and daughter!

First we went to the mountains (no idea which one haha) to have lunch and try their specialties. Their piping hot luroufan (braised meat rice) is so good in the cold weather!

This tree grows sideways haha.


Then we drove down and went to the museum. Learnt about qianlong emperor and saw artifacts from that time.




Next we went to the kids' grandparents' place to visit them and eat tangyuan because today is dongzhi.



Next was Keelung miaokou night market for street food! Awesome food and I spied some good shopping. However because we were there as a group of 4 and it was raining quite heavily, I didn't have any time to shop. Paiseh to make people wait! Maybe I'll go back when I'm free :)


Caught a glimpse of the giant rubber ducky that is in Taiwan now!! 

Last part of the day (and the most awesome) was when I found out that there's a hot spring where I'm living!! Perfect for the cold weather here. One catch, it's a nude hot spring. Braving the odds and awkwardness, I went with huijang's daughter (my student!!!) and went to the hot springs. Somehow everyone was just prancing around nonchalantly 0.o I guess if I go again I'll just concentrate on the shiok ness of the hot springs. 

After effects are great! Normally I'd be shivering before I crawl into bed but I feel so comfy now! Going to jio Jocelyn to come soon muahaha.

Great weekend! But needa get down to work tmr already ahh

No comments:

Post a Comment