Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Aiesec winter explore day 1

Finally, after all the drama, I'm finally on board le jetstar plane towards Taiwan with Jocelyn. I was telling her yay thankfully got enough leg space, to which she nonchalantly replied, "Leg space is only a concern for tall people." #tallpeopleproblems 

And just now I hilariously had to take out my new cool shoes for it to be passed through the baggage scanner thing. 
Me: do I look like I can fit a gun in there.
Jocelyn: maybe your shoes are unusually long? (−_−;)(−_−#)

Back story:
So, me and Jocelyn signed up for Aiesec winter explore program  a month ago and we had to go through Skype interviews with various project leaders of projects from Taiwan, Poland, Vietnam and China... 

LOL just remembered Jocelyn had to do a video for the China project leader and she danced SHINee's Sherlock! We used to stay back after guitar cca back to jc2 to dance Sherlock with Jialing and Eemin haha. Our characters were Angekey, josonew, bongho, jjongling (only SHINee fans will know what I'm talking about keke)... And taemin's high level popping was so difficult so nobody wanted to dance his part LOL. China's project leader was the most responsive and enthu and she selected the both of us, but we weren't so keen because we went Shanghai for ocip last time already. 

Taiwan's project leader (Sonia) accepted me so we were waiting for Taiwan's project leader to accept Jocelyn as well. So one day on Skype I saw her online and asked her about it and realized she was "quite confused" about Jocelyn's application despite having interviewed Jocelyn herself... Ok...

But she said she would be happy to let us both into her project. So ok, we were set for Taiwan!

Little did we know that Sonia didn't actually have a project for Jocelyn and was only going to ask the school after she accepted her... Like yige zai lor. TT but we didn't know that, so we already went ahead with all the plane tics/visa/insurance stuff already.

My mum and dad half suspected this "Aiesec" to be a massive kidnapping scheme lol. Because they only released snippets of details and it was during exam period so we were having a hard time settling all the admin. ***Advice to anyone who is keen on Aiesec winter explore to settle everything before exam. We even had to pay around $200 more than usual for our departure air tic because we booked like 4 days before departure. Crazily rushed right?? :-( thank God that being a Singaporean entitles us to free visa! 

Up to this moment (blogging from plane) Jocelyn still doesn't know her project and we're just hanging on by a thread. Haha kidding la, no project then go shopping and eating lor.

Wish us luck for the next 5 weeks!

Special thanks to my family for helping me pack and buying me stuff and worrying for me. So blessed :')

No comments:

Post a Comment